The PIM, a valuable tool for your digital strategy
A focus on the PIM solution and how it expanses the e-commerce possibilities by our expert Sophie, functional E-Commerce Project Manager & Senior VISEO E-Commerce Consultant
How can this trend be explained?
The data surrounds the uses, it follows you daily in all your gestures. The Omnicanale distribution accentuates this trend. Each of us is permanently exposed to data, but our memory remains selective. For a company, addressing its customers can seem simple. But it is also necessary to master, filter and present the information wed wish to send them. The client is a spectator. He stores the data. A poorly constructed data can discredit the brand and the company. Companies and processes have evolved, tools have multiplied, and data is dispersed throughout the company. Within companies, it can be observed that the information produced is often dispersed throughout the various departments of the company.
The notion of product information management (PIM) responds to this need by centralizing this strategic information while keeping it updated in an automated way.
Our advice for successful PIM integration
Centralizing and pooling information by using a single repository becomes structuring. Few companies have anticipated this work and have preferred to invest in tools to improve their career paths (cross sell, up sell, up sell, post purchase, customer loyalty...). But getting back to the source is essential. Avoiding manual processes, being able to track the completion rate of its products, easily perform updates, be able to share data and reduce the time it takes to post articles online is now becoming obvious. Building a unique data model, enabling structured dissemination, has become a major asset for a qualitative result and customer satisfaction.
Product Information Management (PIM) is a centralized tool that harmonizes all product data, regardless of their origin or destination. It makes it possible to improve collaboration between the various content contributors, both internal (logistics, creation, production, studio, marketing and sales departments, etc.) and external (translation, shooting, content management agencies, etc.).
But what does the company hope to gain with such a tool?
There are many benefits. Among these, we identify:
- Reduced time spent administering a product
- Accelerated Time-to-Market on the online launch of a product
- A better SEO, allowing the referencing of product sheets on all sales channels.
- Better international management with a follow-up of all translations
- A comprehensive and harmonized omnicanal strategy
- Reduced number of customer complaints due to better data structuring
Through this PMI, the company will be able to:
- Collect the data, creating a unique and structured repository for all the information.
- Enrich the latter, by opening up the tool to all contributors with appropriate access rights
- Publish it, and animate its shop, creating commitment to build customer loyalty.
There are many solutions on the market that offer user-friendly interfaces and workflow management capabilities. This creates a value chain within companies. Addressed in BtoC but also in BtoB, the PMI also ensures consistency of data throughout the value chain, and thus remains in control. The foundations of the activity are then consolidated and the dissemination work can begin. In other words, PMI is therefore an essential tool at the heart of your information system, which should not be overlooked, because the customer experience depends partly on it.
Optimize Your Connected Trade Strategy with VISEO
VISEO's Connected Commerce team has acquired solid experience in the accompaniment and implementation of multi-channel solutions.
VISEO assists french and international players in defining their digital strategy and helps them to design and implement agile and efficient omni-commerce platforms. It addresses the problems of digitizing the point of sale or e-commerce from the user experience perspective. Technological innovation is at the customer's service to offer a seamless purchasing path.
- Design and deploy an effective online sales strategy
- Design a unified and centralized product catalogue
- Implementing an agile and efficient omnicanal platform
- Organize a seamless shopping experience to improve the customer experience
- Design customer/seller interfaces adapted to new uses in stores
- Develop, understand & analyze traffic on the Web but also in store
- Managing customer data, analysing them to better understand and implement a customer engagement plan
- Integrate a market place
If you think a PIM solution can help you centralize and harmonize all your product data, contact us. We look forward to hearing from you and answering your questions.